IT Compliance Officer
A large international company is looking for an IT Compliance Officer who is responsible for developing, administering, maintaining and monitoring compliance framework. Our revenue-generating IT systems are developed, managed and maintained by our IT Department, based mostly on Linux systems, with MySQL databases and Perl code. We also run SAP for accounting.
At this moment the PCI and SOx frameworks are being implemented. Within this function the IT Compliance Officer needs to have close contact with involved persons within IT, Finance and Legal. The IT Compliance Officer is a member within the IT Controlling team, but acts usually in close relation with the Security Team. Prefered candidates are “free” thinkers, think “ out of the box” , creative problem solvers, willing to experiment, learn and share
Required Skills/Experience:We believe that the passion and talent of our employees is our strength – it is what drives us towards outstanding performance. We offer a dynamic, motivating and sophisticated work environment. A culture that is open, innovative and performance orientated. Our scale and scope, commitment to people and high standards of integrity make our company a great place to work.
- Develops, initiates, maintains, and revises policies and procedures for the IT Compliance Framework and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct.
- Monitors, and as necessary, coordinates IT compliance activities to remain the status of all compliance activities on a continuing basis, taking appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness and identify trends.
- Coordinates, but will also be involved in solving findings from previous audits.
- Provides reports on a regular basis, and as directed or requested, keep the CIO, CSO and CFO informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts.
- Identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develops/recommends corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provides general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Collaborates with other departments to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution.
- Works with the Legal and HRM Department and others as appropriate to develop an effective compliance training program, including appropriate introductory training for new employees as well as ongoing training for all employees and managers.
- Works closely with internal audit in keeping the compliance framework to the right quality level.
- Will organize in cooperation with internal audit the periodic external audits (PCI and SOx), manage the auditing process from company responsibility.
- At least 5 years of technical knowledge and experience at the level of a sys admin (Windows and Unix),
- Experience with compliance frameworks like SOx, PCI and/or ISO27K
- Communication skills in order to bring people together when issues need to be solved,
- Writing skills in to define and/or actualize policies, standards and controls,
- Administrative skills in order to keep the framework and dashboard up to date,
- Security knowledge on the level of CISSP or similar is an advantage,
- Self-starter, able to work independently, enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives,
- Fully comfortable working in English, both written and spoken,
- Collaborate and supporting colleagues and peers across the organization, while still being able to work independently when needed,
- Meet deadlines on assignments, juggle multiple projects and to work with all levels of individuals.
- Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Official contract
- Medical insurance
- To be considered for this position, please submit your resume to us by e-mail