Project Contract Manager
Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
- Educational level: Civil Engineering or Business with 15 years of experience in the EPC industry
- Specializations: Technical accreditations and specializations: BOSIET - Basic Offshore Safety Instruction and Emergency Training
- Minimum years of experience: 15 years of experience in the EPC industry / Oil & Gas industry
- Languages and language level: 1. English fluent 2. German native or fluent (Mandatory)
- Applicants who have worked earlier in offshore however are presently with CCC/Kharafi/Worley Parson-Oman/JGC/ Al Jaber/Schlumberger.. cannot be considered
- Study the contracts in detail and ensure presence of all relevant clauses and sub-clauses required to be included as per client’s queries, demands and expectations, and also ensuring the safeguard of company interest.
- Provide information on the potential loopholes if any on the contract based on the above evaluation as above.
- Assign contract number based on the numbering system evolved by company.
- Design and implement processes to identify potential variations from the agreed contract.
- Collect data from the Quantity surveyors based on site on any variations on the contract, notify these variations to the client and, as appropriate, submit commercial claims to the client for the same. Where necessary, negotiate the commercials with the clients and guard company’s interests.
- Assist, evaluate and advise project managers on contract conflicts and claims with clients and our subcontractors. Initiate and prepare variations and claims to be forwarded to the clients in consultation with projects team.
- Verify claims and counterclaims from the legal perspective, study and defend the claims made by subcontractors in coordination with the discipline engineers.
- Generate regular variation claims reports and reconcile with the accounts on the invoices and payments received.
- Maintain a database of all correspondences between the client and company and advise the Project Director on the consequence if any.
- Maximize project profitability by tracking invoicing and collections i.e. ensure invoices are being raised as per the project plan and schedule and are being presented to the client for collection.
- Monitor and ensure that the invoices are being raised towards variation claims and for any other additional work being done/ material being provided to the client in agreement with the client.
- Re measure and verify the work accomplished by the subcontractors and, wherever possible, try to minimize and control additional quantities claimed by the subcontractors.
- Carry out regular evaluation of the subcontractors and provide feedback on their performance and areas for improvement.
- Generate Weekly and Monthly reports on the status of the project including details on the variation claims and variations orders issued.
- Ensure implementation and adherence to HSE and Quality System procedures.
- Perform any other tasks as required by the direct supervisor.
- Location: Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
- To be considered for this position, please submit your resume to us by e-mail