Windows Sys Admin - Security
A large international company is looking for an experienced Windows System Administrator. This role will be to architect and support primarily Microsoft based systems for our company. This role is required to maintain its leading position in the market and continue to deliver against its ambitious growth plans.
This role is ideal for a creative and quality focused IT systems professional, who wishes to immerse themselves into the commercial dynamics of a successful and rapidly growing company. You are self-motivated, approachable and adaptable and have excellent communication skills (written and verbal). You are enthusiastic about providing the best possible service internally and externally and possess or are working towards the MCITP professional qualification and other appropriate professional qualifications the role may require. The ideal candidate is experienced in designing and administering Microsoft based solutions, with good problem solving skills of business critical systems, meticulous about detail and capable of working pro-actively and on your own initiative in carrying out your day-to-day role with limited supervision. Preferred candidates are “free” thinkers, think “ out of the box”, creative problem solvers, willing to experiment, learn and share
Key Responsibility Areas
- Integrating Windows Servers in a centralized logging environment
- Perform security investigations and forensics on Windows platforms
- Working closely with Network and System Security teams to design and implement solutions to problems identified during investigations and compliance initiatives
- Translating security initiatives into actionable items for corporate security
- Knowledge of SCOM monitoring very advantageous
- Competent knowledge of Power Shell required, other languages advantageous
- Ensure that system problems are investigated, diagnosed and resolved.
- Devise, develop and implement solutions and procedures and test these regularly for the ongoing benefit of the business.
- Administer application servers, database servers, and business infrastructure servers as necessary.
- Be meticulous in maintaining system documentation.
- Improve existing systems with proactive analysis in line with the expectations of the business.
User Support and Communication
- Interface between production and other teams within the company to develop business-critical systems.
- Work with system users to define their needs, identify problems, evaluating potential solutions, demonstrating, installing and implementing improvements.
- Collaborating in the design and development of the system to meet user needs and respond to/anticipate technological advancements.
- Provide expertise to all users and answer any queries or requests for support or training on systems.
- Act as an escalation point for the IT Support team to help resolve more complex issues that arise. Ensure escalated issues are recorded and managed appropriately in ticketing systems.
- Assist manager to improve skills of more junior team members, proactively challenge processes and conduct training sessions when necessary.
- Communicate issues and workload with manager on a regular basis.
Knowledge & Experience
- In depth and detailed understanding of Active Directory, implementing, installing, managing and designing Active Directory in an international company with multiple forests.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows Server operating systems including Windows Server 2003 and 2008, detailed knowledge of operating system components such as DFS, DNS and SNMP.
- Ability to understand the business infrastructure, to implement and improve IT solutions in accordance with business environment.
We have many benefits in joining our team. We offer a competitive salary, attractive bonus plan, 26 days of annual leave, commuting reimbursement, a pension scheme, and training opportunities. We are a global company headquartered in the beautiful city of Amsterdam. Our culture is built around good ideas and a collaborative environment. We all share the responsibility to make our company even better. We believe that every employee can add his or her own unique value to the company, just by being you. We invite you to make your own mark on the company. Together we can set off on an exciting journey.
- Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Official contract
- Medical insurance
- To be considered for this position, please submit your resume to us by e-mail